If there is only one recipe I share that you decide to try, choose this one!
By combining a few different casserole recipes, I have found perfection in a casserole!
This casserole is vegetarian, gluten free, and packed with protein.
I have served this dish to my family of 5, all of whom LOVE it. I have as well served it at two separate dinner parties, both of which led to all of the guests requesting the recipe- it is seriously THAT GOOD!
One casserole serves approximately 6. Each serving contains 500 calories, and 30 grams of protein!
•2 1/2 cups (400g bag) uncooked quinoa
•4 1/2 cup water
•2 vegetable stock cubes
•1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
•2 tsp cornstarch
•2 cups fresh spinach
•4 cups shredded skim mozzarella cheese
•4 cups fresh broccoli florets
1) Set oven to 400
2) Steam broccoli in microwave (about 4 minutes in covered microwave safe dish with about 1 inch water in the bottom). Put aside.
3) Wisk water, vegetable stock and cornstarch in pot on stovetop. Heat to boiling.
4)In 9×13 baking dish, add quinoa. Pour boiling water mixture over top.
5) Add spinach and 3/4 of cheese to baking dish.
6) Bake for 30-35 minutes.
7) Remove casserole from oven, mix in steamed broccoli, and sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
8) Bake for additional 5 minutes until cheese is slightly browned.
Store leftovers in refrigerator, and reheat using microwave.